Saturday, January 21, 2012

Twin Lights

Two years ago I rented a bike and did this bike event and it was quite possibly the most frustrating, crappy bike experience I've ever had.
http://www.bikenewyork.org/ride/twin-lights-ride/
The bike seat was way too low but I was truly too green to know how to fix it so I rode with it
and within the first 10 minutes of the ride you run into hills from hell.





I felt defeated before I'd even had a chance to get started.
I want to do it again.
Part of my brain is saying
"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND WOMAN?!"
but the stubborn part of me who knows how hard I'm working on my legs these days knows that if I do it again it will be completely and totally different.
It's not till September and that gives me plenty of time and rides to work on my hills and my legs.
I hate feeling like I didn't get to really do it and feel that hating on the ride isn't giving it a fair chance.
We will see

No comments: