Sunday, August 21, 2011

Test Video

This is our test. The gal in blue is my pal and partner for the weekend Linda.  I'm so insanely proud of her and the inner beast she unleashed. 
I really wish I'd gotten her face on video. She had this moment where she was at the bottom of her tank and was surrounded by the 3 CKTs that were "judging" her performance and who had the right to call her test done at any time if they felt she was endangering herself.

They were watching her and she was struggling to do her 30 right side snatches. I was trying to count her reps and keep an eye on the "powers that be" hoping they wouldn't stop her.
All of a sudden she got this look in her eyes and that was it. She pretty much said
"Fuck you. I'm passing this shit"
and she dug even deeper and cranked out the last 15 or so on the right side. The left side was a cake walk for her by comparison and then she totally aced the squats.

That moment for her. That second where she decided she was going to die trying was so inspiring to see.

My test starts at the 25 minute mark. You see my hand is wrapped at the start of Linda's test. We wrapped it  to protect the two skin tears I'd gotten the day before. All it did was rub on them and make them hurt more so I took the wrap off.

You see me put the Kettlebell down and start to cry.  I didn't MEAN to cry. I didn't think I was going to cry. I didn't feel like I wanted to cry and then the second I put it down the tears were streaming down my face.

I watch this and I'm proud of the work that I was able to do. I leave the day behind with my head held high. Next week I'll be posting my video of my completed test. You will see. I'm going to kick some ass...

No comments: