Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Training through pain

I'm so insanely frustrated with my body lately.
I redouble my efforts to get back into shape and my body goes all to hell.

I've been battling a bone spur in my heel for over a month now. If you don't know what those feel like give yourself the worst bruise on your heel and then try to walk. It's awful. Most of the time I'm limping around like a lame horse.

I've schedule an apt with my Dr. but he can't see me till the 28th of this month. I've been trying to push through it and work around the pain but doing that is apparently screwing up my legs.

The muscles in my feet are almost always cramping or in some sort of spasm and as a result my legs are apparently working harder than they need to because now my calves and thighs are just one big massive muscle cramp.

Yesterday Boot Camp was pure and total hell.  I'd asked David to work on the legs so he had us jogging and skipping and doing crossovers and sidesteps. He also had the trampoline out which is usually my favorite for leg work. I couldn't do any of it yesterday. All I could do was a slow jog and power walk. I tried to do the other stuff but couldn't. I didn't give up or quit though and finished class.

My left calf (the same leg with the bone spur) was cramping so badly I was fighting back the tears most of class.

Today I went to the gym to do the stair machine and I got almost nothing done. Lamest workout ever. I did 20 flights on the stair machine and 20 mins of the bike. My legs would not cooperate to do anymore.

I keep thinking that all this is a result of the hard workouts I've been giving to my legs lately and as the muscles get stronger the cramps and pains will subside. That might be the case but I'm currently going through serious hell. 

I'm not going to stop working out and I have to get through this but it's so intensely frustrating.

I feel like my own body, the one I'm trying to get into shape is revolting against me and fighting to remain fat and flabby.

The upside is that even the lazy bitch in me knows that quitting or giving up is not an option.

I've worked hard to get where I am now and I'm not going to stop but I just wish it didn't have to be so damn painful.

No comments: