Friday, July 8, 2011

Hurty Arms

I missed class yesterday thanks to a small human that was misbehaving and needed to be picked up from school early.
This is my little Lion and I. Lion is my littlest son having just turned 6 in May. Lion keeps my life crazy interesting and I adore him.

Once upon a time he LOVED going with Mommy to Boot Camp:
and if you catch him in the right mood he will come to class and not cause chaos and havoc but more often, he's hating on the place and has made the declaration that he wants to destory Boot Camp.  Since I've seen him at his evil best, I take this threat seriously and try not to bring him with me.

So I missed yesterday's class and training session.
Today I went back and gave it more than my best. 
David told us to grab a Kettlebell and I made the split second decision to go with the 12kg bell and do as much with it as I could.
If I had know the entire 35 minutes would be devoted to Kettlebell work I might have gone lighter.

This was the perfect example of one of those times that ignorance was truly bliss. 
We did swings, overhead presses, trunk twists, sit ups, halos, and more. 
I really did dig deep and with every lift, every swing, every twist I kept telling myself
"I AM STRONG"
over and over again.

I hung in with every move as long as I could with the heavier weight and it seemed that each time I couldn't do anymore and had to change weights we would be instructed to put the bell down and we would start a new move.

I would start the cycle all over again and I was able to get through class using the heavier weight.
By the end of class my biceps were rubber.

Of course, beacuse I'm a crazy bitch I insisted that we do some training since I missed yesterday.

I knew I had to go lighter so I did my swings 50/50 with the 8kg Kettlebell. David informed me he was going to bail and not do any training. 
I talked him into doing snatches. 20 each side and that would be it.
I was able to do 20 on the right side and only 12 on the left.

I took a small break and decided to do 10 more on each side and be finished for the day. I grabbed the 12kg Kettlebell and somehow (and I truly have no idea how) I did 10 on each side with the weight I didn't think I had the strength to work with anymore today.

Found a couple of quotes that I love that sort of sum up my mindset for the certification:


"Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan."


"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person. "

No comments: