Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Two Years Later

Today marks the two year anniversary of my torrid love affair/obsession with Hoboken Boot Camps.
Two years ago today I picked up a 5 pound Kettlebell and thought it was crazy heavy.
Two years ago today David asked me to run half a lap and I couldn't do it.
Two years ago today I touched a TRX band for the first time.
Two years ago today I couldn't do 10 jumping jacks.
Two years ago today the warmup exercises kicked my ass and I wondered how I was going to survive class.

To celebrate my special milestone day I did back to back classes. 9am and 10am.
Today was LOTS and LOTS of leg work, flutter kicks, bicycle kicks, knees to chest.
Today was the first day I've ever been able to complete a full set of 40 bicycle kicks without having to rest my legs.
Today was the first day I've ever been able to complete a full set of 60 flutter kicks without having to rest my legs.

In fact, today, after doing one full class I was able to push myself and crank out every single rep of every single exercise he asked us to do with little or no rest during the reps.

After class I had enough leftover energy to want to attempt to do a deadlift with the two red (32kg or 71 pounds each) Kettlebells.


I was able to deadlift those Kettlebells 10 times.
Me, the gal who couldn't lift a 5 pound Kettlebell two years ago was able to pick up 142 pounds of weight, not once, not twice, but TEN TIMES.

That plus the fact that the cardio didn't kill me and I was able to push myself the way I did makes me feel super strong.

That's rockstar bad ass stuff.




No comments: