Sunday, May 29, 2011

Certification Practice

Today "The Playground" or the nickname given to Hoboken Boot Camps home studio was officially closed except for head coach David, myself, his lovely wife, my husband Mike and our kids.

David and his wife and I were training for the Kettlebell Certification and Mike was working with the heavy bag and ship ropes.

This was our workout schedule for today.
The numbers on the left side are our swing reps. Do one set, rest, second set, rest, third set. rest and so on.
If you do the math, you will see that we did a total of 200 swings today.

The numbers on the right were for our clean & press-es and snatches.  I honestly cannot remember how many of the C&P's we did but I think we went up to 10. We did it as we did the swings. 2 on the left, 2 on the right, rest, 4 on the left, 4 on the right, rest and so on.

By the time we got to the last set I was exhausted but we weren't done.

Then we moved onto snatches.
Same deal with the reps, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, rest, 4 left, 4 right, rest all the way up.
Again if you do the math, you will see we did 110 snatches.

By the end of the hour, I was hot, sweaty and my legs were so exhausted they were shaking.

This is somewhere in the middle of the snatches.


I think out of the 110 snatches I did today I had maybe 5 I was really happy with. The rest were okay but for the most part, not right at one point or another.

I'm not unhappy or discouraged though. I did over 100 snatches and 200 swings today. I am strong and powerful and by the time August comes I'll be totally comfortable with this whole thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I noticed that you like tattoos, and I have a label in which I had some of my bloggers send me their tattoo pictures, so very funny...

Anyway, I like your blog, and want to invite you to visit mine, and if you will follow me I would love to follow yours....

Jesse