Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ready or not...

It's 3:50am and I'm awake thanking the heavens that I went to bed at 9pm last night.
Did I share with you guys what we did in Boot Camp yesterday? The whole class was an ass kicker but the part that really destroyed me and is the reason I'm sitting here with insanely sore muscles was when we had to grab 2 Kettlebells put a resistance band around our waist and have a partner resist our efforts to create forward motion.

I felt like a horse pulling a plow. The woman I was working with is a seriously powerful force to be reckoned with and she made me work every step of the way. By the time we got to the end of the dock my hips were aching, I was out of breath and I wanted to sit down. No such luck. I had to turn around and drag her back to the other end.

We did that twice & by the time we were done I was completely and totally drained.
I awoke today to sore shoulders, achy calves and thigh muscles that are insanely sore.
I'm going to soak in a hot bath and see if it helps.

Bag is packed for today's adventure and I think I'm ready to go!

As I always do, I have my favorite Alice Cooper song on heavy rotation getting me all pumped up...
It's not a fast or upbeat song but listen to the lyrics. 

No comments: