Sunday, November 6, 2011

3,2,1...

Tomorrow is my first weigh in and then I have 6 weeks to follow this diet and lose as much weight as I can.
I'm getting myself mentally geared up tonight and I can't help but think that this must be what serious atheletes feel like before a meet or a match or an event.

I had set my goal at 20 pounds over the course of these next 6 weeks. That's a total of a little over 3 pounds a week.
I told David my goal and he said I should aim to lose a pound a day.
My initial reaction was that he was off his goddamn rocker and that was NEVER going to happen but I can't shake that little voice that keeps saying;
"Why the hell not?"

Go big or go home right? So in that vein I'm going to throw myself heart soul mind and body into this thing to push myself as hard as I can and take off as much as I can in these next 6 weeks. I'm not going to limit myself to just 20 pounds. Why not push harder and try for more?

"When I go after something, I want to go after it with everything I have. I want to push myself to the edge."

I know it's going to hurt and there are going to be times I feel deprived and sorry for myself and ready to throw in the towel but I also know I need to push past all of those moments and remember that my new motto is
"I CAN & I WILL"

Or if you want to quote one of the men I admire most in this world;

"All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

I have two white boards on my fridge



I have a brand new mix of songs on my IPOD just for running:
Tomorrow I'm going to CVS and I'm going to get sticky notes and markers and I'm going to write myself notes and put them all over the place and I'm going to make a poster with things that motivate me. Ideas, images, places, moments.

I'm READY for this!!

No comments: