Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back on track

Monday I'm heading back to Boot Camp. I'm afraid I'm going to feel like a toddler learning to walk all over again.
I HATE taking these extended breaks. In my head, I'll be able to pick right back up where I left off but I know that physically that's not realistic and I also know that this will frustrate me to no end.
Saturday since the weather is going to be 40 degrees I'm going to head into the city and take the bike out. I don't expect to be able to do more than 5 or 6 miles but it's better than nothing!
I have to keep that thought at the forefront of my brain. That while pushing myself is good, setting unrealistic goals will only frustrate me and set me in the wrong direction to reach my goals.
There is a definite part of my brain that thinks I'll be able to bike 20 miles on Saturday and will be very angry and frustrated if I can't.
Honestly, if I make it up to the Intrepid and then back to mom's (or down to the Staten Island Ferry and back up) I'll be elated. It's about 8 miles up and back both ways. I need to remember smaller bites to reach my goal. If not, I'll never get to see the top of the stairs or see the finish of the 5 boro!

No comments: