Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Boot Camp

Today was by far one of the best days at Boot Camp.
I worked super duper hard.
At the start of class I gave David my camera and told him to take photos and video of me.
I felt a little silly doing it but now that I see the videos and photos I'm super glad I had him do it.

See in my head I'm a size 2 and in stellar shape. Then I see the photos and video and well...the truth doesn't jive so well with my delusion.
This is actually a good thing though because it keeps me on track.

Here is some video & some photos of what we did today. David sets up stations and we do 50 seconds of as many reps as we can in that 50 seconds. Click to enlarge the photos


As you can see, we have a lot of fun in class and we laugh together and encourage each other every step of the way.


David has a saying in class " As long as you're moving" he had us doing something on our fronts with this ball but I realized that my cut off shirt I was showing off a little more than I wanted to

So I went and did my own thing with a Kettlebell and David was cool with that.

He originally had us doing swings with the Kettlebell. (See? I'm laughing. It's really a fun class)

but my lower back started giving me troubles so I started to do one of my favorite exercises instead


He then had us doing laps around the studio and I felt my calves knot and I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish but I did. Exhausted and out of breath. David wasn't done with me though. I'd asked him if I could do the dock walk with the 35 pounder overhead. I'd also asked if we could do more work with the tire today.
Damn him he got creative thanks to the rain...
40 pound kettlebell doing step ups on the tire.
I'm the only one in class that did this and I'm so INSANELY proud that I got it done.
Look how high I have to step up to get up onto the tire! (Click on the photos to enlarge and see the whole things)

You can see how I'm struggling. David only got the last 4 reps. He made me do 20 of them!



TADA!


No comments: