Thursday, December 2, 2010

Scale

Yesterday I spent the day with my dad who I adore.
We went to WalMart and I finally replaced the scale that the kids had broken earlier this year.
I've been going by measurement rather than by weight.
The scale is telling me that I've jumped back up to 189.
I was flabbergasted. How can that be?! My waist is measuring at 36"!! The last time I saw a 36 inch waist I was down in the 170s.
The only thing I can come up with is that muscle weighs more than fat? It's a tired excuse but it's the only one I can come up with to explain why the scale is so high but my measurements are at about the lowest they have ever been!
I think for Christmas I might need to ask Santa for a scale with a body fat percentage reading on it.
I think I will also weigh myself far less than I thought I would and continue to rely on measurements to tell me where I'm at.

No comments: