Friday, January 21, 2011

Motivation

I am a lazy bitch.
It's something I combat every day on all fronts of my life, not just with exercise.
Exercise was never something I had to worry about until I was in my 20's and got married and then had two little boys.
I blew up to 205 pounds:
Hershey Park Halloween 2008
One day as I was dropping the kids off at school I was running (waddling) down the stairs and I was overcome with disgust for myself. Why? Because with every step I took it sounded like people were applauding me. They weren't though. It was the fat from my stomach slapping together.
NO MORE. I got myself back on Rittalin (for my ADD but it also helps curb my appetite) got  involved with Hoboken Boot Camps and haven't looked back since.

Hershey Park Halloween 2009
I lost 45 pounds in one year and was turning myself into a TOTAL bad ass.
June 2010
and then the kids got out of school for the summer. Taking them to Boot Camp was impossible and so I took the summer off. The lazy bitch in me took over and I did next to nothing in the way of exercise for 3 months.
I put back on over 20 pounds and lost all my new muscle.
When September came around I had to start all over again and I was so angry at myself. Angry that I'd let it happen. Angry that I didn't want it as bad as I'd thought I had, angry that I let the lazy bitch take over.

 January 2011

I swear I will NEVER let that happen again. I look at these photos and realize how quickly the weight and the muscle loss sneaks up on you. 
How easy it is to take one day off, then another, then another and before you know it all the hard work you have done is completely undone.

I'm currently learning how hard you then have to work to get it all back again and how frustrating it is not being able to do the things you were able to do a month or two or three ago but because the muscle isn't there anymore, you can't.

How badly do you want it?

This is my new motto and my new motivation. I have to remember what my goals are and be willing to work as hard as I can get to them so I never go back to where I was again.

No comments: