Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MS Climb to the Top

On February 27th, 2011 I'm going to be climbing 66 stories (1215 steps!) to the top of the Rockefeller Center to raise funds and awareness for MS.

It is my goal to raise $2,000 for the National MS Society.

Why We Want a World Free of MS
Having multiple sclerosis means that you may suddenly have blurry vision. Or that your memory will fail you for no apparent reason. Or that you may not always be able to walk, or climb stairs. The symptoms of MS are different for everyone - the only certainty is that it will affect yet another person every hour of every day.

Why I Climb
I've registered for Climb to the Top because I want to do something for the people who have been diagnosed - and because I want to do everything to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease. Today, there is no cure for multiple sclerosis, and with diagnosis occurring most frequently between the ages of 20 and 50, many individuals face a lifetime filled with unpredictability.

Why You Should Sponsor Me
We know that MS doesn’t slow down when the economy does. People with MS and their families will continue to turn to the National MS Society perhaps now more than ever before and we must do everything we can to prepare to help each one of them address the challenges that they face. The National MS Society will use funds collected from Climb to the Top to not only support research for a cure tomorrow, but also to provide programs which address the needs of people living with MS today.

I'm training hard for this event and I'm confident that I'll finish and won't be the last one to the top!

To donate go here and look for Diana Whittles.

Thanks so much guys!

No comments: