Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Mouth & Butterflies

I talk a whole lot and dream even more.
Apparently people are listening to what I'm saying and they have faith and believe in me.
I can't give you details mainly because I don't have any yet but it's looking like by September of 2011 I'll have my level 1 Kettlebell Certification.
I know. I'm as shocked as you all are.
I've known about it for a while but have been waiting for details to be firmed up and to be 100% sure it's going to happen.

Since I've known about it, I've been pushing myself in class like a mad woman. Really going as hard as I can and doing all the things I hate to do, all the things I'm uncomfortable doing (LOTS of hopping and jumping!) going with heavier weights on the Kettlebell. (REALLY trying not to use anything under 25 pounds for most work) All of this has left me absolutely EXHAUSTED. As I type this, the muscles on the tops of my thighs are throbbing and aching and my arms feel weak and tired.

Now that I know this is going to happen, I'm nervous as hell. I'm strong and I want this but I'm not sure I'm strong enough or have enough endurance. I'm also seriously afraid that I really don't know what the hell I'm doing out there.

While Boot Camp works with Kettlebells, it's not specific Kettlebell Training. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've done a snatch and I don't think I've done more than 40 consecutive swings with any weight of Kettlebell.

At the same time I know if not now, when? Will I be more ready next year? The following? I'm as ready now as I will be if I don't go for it.

I need to trust in the strength that I do have and believe that if the people around me didn't think I was ready to do this, I wouldn't have been invited to be a part of it.

Of course all this is coming to me right as I'm on the cusp of a week away from class and from training and away from my Kettlebells...

I am INSANELY excited about this adventure...

No comments: